Wednesday, January 19, 2011

011911

I sometimes head over to hipbone studios and drop in on the life drawing session...
Often I'm disappointed with the results (life drawing's hard!)....but occasionally I feel like I'm making some progress.
That's how I felt today. 
Gesture drawing start the session out. I really hate this, but I try to draw fast....and pick up a general sense of the figure.

Then 5 minute poses......which I still struggle with.
I work on the shape of the head and hands on these.

Next is the 15 minute poses....I feel a bit more comfortable with this time frame, I work on a likeness (although not very good on this drawing) and try to come up with a way to represent the hair.
Also, I try to pay more attention to the spacial relationships of the arms and legs.


Finally the 30 minute poses. I feel the most comfortable with this. It gives me time to achieve a reasonable likeness, suss out spacial relationships, and begin thinking about shadows.

Another 30 minute pose....
All these are in ballpoint pen, on either printing paper or cold pressed drawing paper with low grit.

No comments:

Post a Comment