Wednesday, February 9, 2011

020911

Although my Arizona trip didn't yield any amazing drawings, it did give me time to think about drawing, and this blog in general...
One interesting aspect of having a "drawing per day" blog, is the real or imagined audience that's created on the internet. It's positive, in the sense, that it forces me to stick with my plan of drawing everyday......however, it's negative in the sense, that it put's undo pressure on these drawings being "good" or accomplished.  I think this limits my willingness to experiment or push the boundaries of what I'm comfortable with.
I draw pretty slowly......which has always been a problem, and while traveling around AZ., I often was stuck with very little time to express what I was seeing or doing without resorting to cliches or formula.......
I won't improve by doing the same thing repeatedly........with that in mind, I'm gonna try for the rest of the month to work a little outside my comfort zone.
Bear with me.

                                                                juicer setup at the bar........

No comments:

Post a Comment