Saturday, March 5, 2011

030511

Inspired by yesterday's crosshatching experiment, I decided to try something similar with a more elaborate drawing........here are the results.
Started yith this pencil drawing of Greg Lemond winning the Tour De France on the Champ Elysees.
          Added horizontal and vertical lines, no crosshatching.......then I erased the drawing.

 Crosshatching to bring in the darks. Still  used only vertical and horizontal lines here.


 Finally included some diagonal lines, and hatching, to give form and shape.


 I added color at the end to see what it would look like.


I think with more planning, the color could really help to define the shape and structure of things, but as is......I just kinda threw it on without forethought.
I think this drawing could be pushed even further along with more structure lines, or maybe even redrawing the original pencil sketch...........hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment